Welcome, beef lovers! Today, I have an exciting recipe to share with you – my Delicious Beefy Chili Recipe: A Beanless Twist for Easy Cooking. If you’re tired of the same old chili with beans, this recipe is perfect for you. The absence of beans brings a unique twist to the traditional chili, making it a delightful and hearty dish that is quick and easy to prepare. So, grab your aprons and let’s dive into this mouthwatering recipe!
Overview of the Recipe
Beefy chili is a classic comfort food that warms your soul. It’s a thick and hearty stew, typically made with ground beef, beans, and a medley of spices. However, with this recipe, we’re taking a bold step by eliminating the beans entirely. The result? A chili that is full of fantastic flavors and textures, with the focus solely on the succulent beef and fragrant spices. This beanless twist not only adds a delicious twist to the classic chili but also suits those who prefer a low-carb or grain-free diet.
Recipe Ingredients List
Here’s what you’ll need to create this delightful beanless beefy chili:
- 2 pounds of high-quality ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) of tomato paste
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional, for heat)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
It’s important to use high-quality beef for this recipe, as it is the star ingredient. Fresh ingredients will also enhance the overall flavor of the chili. If you prefer, you can customize the recipe by adding other vegetables such as corn or carrots to the mix.
Let’s get started on creating this tasty beefy chili!
- In a large skillet or a Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Break it up into small crumbles using a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink, then drain excess fat.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and diced bell peppers. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). Cook for an additional 2 minutes to allow the spices to bloom.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juices) and beef broth. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet or Dutch oven, and let the chili simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. You can simmer it for longer if you prefer a thicker, more intense flavor.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add more salt, pepper, or spices according to your preference.
- Serve the beefy chili hot, garnished with fresh cilantro. It pairs beautifully with sour cream, shredded cheese, and a side of cornbread.
By following these simple steps, you’ll have a scrumptious pot of beefy chili ready to be devoured!
Conclusion and Wrap Up
Congratulations, beef lovers! You’ve just learned how to make a delicious beanless twist on classic beefy chili. This recipe offers a flavorful and hearty alternative to the traditional chili, and it’s incredibly easy to prepare. The combination of savory ground beef, aromatic spices, and the absence of beans creates a chili that’s bursting with taste and satisfaction.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe and make it your own. You can add your favorite vegetables or even incorporate different types of meat for a unique twist. Don’t forget to share your creations with me and provide feedback on how it turned out for you.
This beanless chili is perfect for a cozy night in, family gatherings, game day parties, or any special occasion where you want to serve up a crowd-pleasing dish. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or frozen for future enjoyment.
I hope you enjoy making and savoring this easy, tasty, and beefy chili recipe. Happy cooking, beef lovers!