Smoky and Sweet BBQ Beef Ribs: Finger-Licking Good
Welcome, beef lovers! Today, we have a truly irresistible dish to satisfy your meat cravings – Smoky and Sweet BBQ Beef Ribs. This recipe combines the bold flavors of smokiness and sweetness, resulting in finger-licking ribs that will leave you wanting more. Get ready to fire up your grill or smoker and indulge in a mouthwatering beef experience!
Overview of the Recipe
Grilling or smoking beef ribs elevates their flavors to another level. The charred exterior and the added smoky depth make them a favorite among BBQ enthusiasts. Combining this with the sweet and tangy barbecue sauce creates a burst of deliciousness that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. What’s not to love about a sticky, succulent rack of BBQ beef ribs?
When prepared correctly, beef ribs can be incredibly tender and juicy. The slow cooking process breaks down the connective tissues and melts the fat, resulting in meat that falls right off the bone. This recipe guarantees a melt-in-your-mouth experience that you won’t be able to resist.
Recipe Ingredients List
- 1 rack of beef ribs (baby back, spare ribs, or beef short ribs)
- For the dry rub:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust according to your preferred spiciness level)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the BBQ sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- If using spare ribs or beef short ribs, remove the membrane from the bone side of the rack. This helps the rub and smoke penetrate the meat more effectively.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dry rub ingredients. Rub the mixture generously all over the beef ribs, making sure to cover every inch. For best results, wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Prepare your grill or smoker for indirect heat. If using a grill, set it up for 2-zone cooking by placing the coals on one side and leaving the other side empty. If using a smoker, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal temperature and smoke control.
- Once the grill or smoker reaches the desired temperature (around 225-250°F), place the ribs on the side of indirect heat. Close the lid and let the magic happen. Maintain a steady temperature throughout the cooking process.
- Cook the ribs for approximately 4-5 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 195°F. The meat should be tender and easily pull away from the bone. If desired, you can wrap the ribs in foil for the last hour of cooking to help retain moisture.
- While the ribs are cooking, prepare the BBQ sauce. In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, baste the ribs with the BBQ sauce every 10 minutes. This will add a glossy glaze and another layer of smoky sweetness.
- Once the ribs are done, remove them from the grill or smoker and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
- Slice the rack into individual ribs, serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side, and enjoy the smoky and sweet goodness!
Conclusion and Wrap Up
There you have it, beef lovers – the recipe for Smoky and Sweet BBQ Beef Ribs that are truly finger-licking good! The combination of smokiness, tenderness, and the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors will make this dish an instant favorite. Whether you choose baby back ribs, spare ribs, or beef short ribs, rest assured that you’ll have a feast worth savoring.
Now it’s your turn to fire up the grill or smoker and experience the joy of creating these delicious beef ribs yourself. Prepare to impress your friends and family with your grilling skills and leave them craving for more. So, don’t wait any longer – grab your apron, gather your ingredients, and get ready for a mouthwatering BBQ adventure!